Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jay Bezz



8up: Who IS JayBezz?

JB: I’m a traveler from the future who grew up in the past. At least musically., I hope my project, “Evolove” represents that. I’m a performer. I love to dance, and I love to love.

8up: Are you concerned with how mainstream RnB will take to your image?

JB: I am who I am. Sure I turn the dial to 11 for the shows and shoots, but at the core what you see is what you get. I’m hard edged sometimes, but that comes with being really vulnerable because not everybody can get with that. I’m ok with that.

8up: Are you concerned with how people will take to your music?

JB: Not at all. I do what I do, and I do it well. People can critique anything they see in their lives, but I will always be proud of the things I create because they represent me.

8up: Who are your favorite and most influential artists?

JB: Janet Jackson for sure. She is the one artist I know every lyric, every note, and every dance routine to, so surely she’s influenced how I hear music. I grew up with Motown too, mainly the Supremes, so there’s a lot of that three part harmony deep in me too.

8up: So what should we expect from your new project, “Evolove”?

JB: This is my first studio album release. So I use it as an introduction to me as a person. I don’t straight up tell you who I am, but I show you through the experiences I sing about in each song. I think you’ll see that I strive for creativity. I think you’ll hear a lot about my ex-boyfriends, too!

8up: Interesting, do they know that you’ve been using them as muses for your music?

JB: I guess they do now!

8up: Anything you want to add, JayBezz?

JB: Shameless added promotion time. The album is released August 4th and is available on most online retailers as well as my website,

http://www.jaybezz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Site Sponsors

www.jaybezz.com